Only 3 months to Christmas

..and everyone goes into a spin.

A few months ago, I saw this awesome tutorial on Missouri Quilt Company Tutorial on how to make a tree skirt. This is something that I have always wanted, but until now had not seen something that I liked.

With this in mind, I went down to the local Quilt shop and this is the material that I chose.


After cutting the 5 inch squares, I had a lot of fun moving them around until I got it how I wanted it to be.



I've not quilted my quilts before. A few done with straight lines or squares, but never wiggles. Here is the result of a whole day of neck pinching and arm aching sewing.

  
Front


Back  

After trimming off the edges, I then had to actually cut right up the middle and cut a hole out, I was surprised at how brave I was.



All finished. I may not have anything else ready for Christmas, but at least I will have the tree skirt all done and ready to go :D

Comments

Trinity said…
Very nice! Looks great - bet it looked good under the tree. :)
Susan said…
Thank you, Trinity :) Yes it did for a while, until all the presents covered it.

Popular Posts